We use high efficiency Advanced Thermal Conversion (ATC) technology to maximise the use of end-of-life waste derived fuels (once all Recyclates have been recovered), producing a consistent, high-quality hydrogen-rich syngas suitable for fired heating, power generation and fuels production. We deploy robust pressurised fluidised bed technology with high-temperature treatment in the form of Modular Products.
Crunching the numbers:
million tonnes of UK biodegradable municipal waste (BMW) sent to the landfill in 2018
million tonnes of total UK waste in 2020
commercial & industrial (C&I) waste produced in 2018
million tonnes of waste excluding major mineral waste generated in 2018
KEW’s Technology USPs
- proprietary process and project efficiencies through high-pressure reactor IP
- unique pressurised operation makes system compact (reduced physical footprint), and cost-effective (economically viable at distributed scale)
- pressurised syngas supply gives unprecedented advantages for industrial integration and synthesis applications
- unrivalled feedstock flexibility; can use variable waste as a feedstock for high stability negative carbon hydrogen vectors
- fully factory built – a modular product
- innovation in the integration: the ability to integrate seamlessly into existing operations
- scalability: the capacity to scale output by multiplexing modules, or to upgrade the modules to produce other energy vectors
- the first UK technology to achieve “End of Waste” status
- unique in having already proven technology at an industrial scale at KEW’s Sustainable Energy Centre plant in the UK, presenting a step-up in risk mitigation.